Say Hello To No.9!
No.9 is here to help you better understand the products, services and technologies that will help drive your business to a new frontier online!
No.9 -- From Concept To Production In 9 Steps :)
1. Like all great things in life -- I started as an idea!
No.9's original concept (left). Refined design, colours and shapes (right).
2. I have a face -- and an optical mouse for a head!
Initial modelling of No.9's head and face. From a block model to a more rounded out poly model, with respect to excellent topology (edge flow) for smooth and flowing animation without tearing the model as it moves around.
3. Who wouldn't want a lcd screen on their chest?
Modelling of the body -- getting No.9's face and body to look as close to his concept as possible.
4. My assembly is complete and I passed quality control with flying colors!
No.9's model has been completed and he has been assembled together.
5. I'm getting ready to be painted!
Colour is painted in 2 dimensions (models are created in 3 dimensions) and therefore the "colour maps" need to be flat. In other words "the character's skin" is laid out flat like a grid, painted in 2 dimensions and then reapplied or wrapped around the 3D model. This method ensures no colour stretching.
6. Ohh.. Ahh..!
Blend Shapes are modeled so the No.9 can express emotions during Animations and Poses.
7. Finally -- I can stretch out and get to work!
No.9 is rigged (bones are created inside the body) to allow him to move around.
8. Lights, Cameras, Action! I think I'm getting the hang of this!
The camera and lights are set up just like a film and No.9 is posed with an expression.
9. Hi there -- I'm No.9! How can I help you today?
No.9's has finished rendering -- the computer calculates all of the light and colour maps together to produce this final, beautiful shot.